Gel nails have taken the world by storm and it has been the most popular trend recently. Women of all ages, shapes and sizes around London are getting them done because they last longer than typical nail polish. There are many interesting things about gel nails, and here are some of them:
Two types of gel nails
There are actually two types of gel nails in existence today. The first type is the hard gel which is used to make nail extensions – artificial nails made by hardening a gel substance to make your nails look longer. The hard gel is tough to break which makes them ideal for making nail extensions.
The second type of gel is called a soft gel, like those from Jealous Nail Supplies. They are used to create gel polishes which is what you are now seeing across different nail bars, shops, salons, and nail spas. The gel polishes made from soft gel are safe and they are gentler on your nails. After getting your gel nails, you can expect that the polish will never crack, peel or chip. It will last you for at least half a month to a month and it will still have its shiny texture and radiant colour, so, you can enjoy your gel nails longer.
The pros and cons of gel nails
You really must know what you are getting yourself into. So, weigh both the pros and cons of gel nails:
- This is a healthier option than regular nail polish.
- It will dry faster than your normal polish.
- It will last longer than your regular nail polish.
- It feels and looks natural like your regular polish.
- It can be easily removed using a cotton soaked with acetone.
- It won’t damage your nails.
- There is zero odour from gel nails.
- It maintains its shine until you remove it.
- Drying time is fast with an LED lamp.
- No need to concern yourself with smudging problems.
- A glossier texture is achieved than with regular polish.
- It is priced higher than regular polish since it lasts longer than the regular ones.
- It is more difficult to remove than regular polish.
- You may need assistance applying the gel polish.
How to apply gel nails
- Apply base layer. Apply a thin layer of base coat and let it completely dry.
- Apply gel polish. Apply your choice of gel polish. Two thin layers of the gel polish are Make sure that you completely cover all of your nails with gel polish.
- Get your nails under a LED lamp. Let it dry under a LED lamp for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Apply top layer. Once your gel polish is dry, you can now apply a topcoat. Then put your nails under an LED lamp again, until completely dried.
These are the basics you should know if you are considering buying gel polish or getting gel nails done in London.