If you haven’t played slots before, do not worry – it’s a quick learning process. The game is very simple – you just have to spin the reels. Slots were designed to be played by everyone regardless of their knowledge about the game. After all, it isn’t skill but luck that will either break or make your session – try and play 7s to Burn today.
However, there are some things to know about slots that could help you feel more secure about playing. We have put together this guide of essential knowledge to get you started on the right track.
First of all, we should make it clear that slots do not always have to involve spending money. If you are interested to try slots for the first time, or want to play slots games but don’t like spending your money on them, or if you simply want to try out the games available, you can do it money-free.
There are plenty of free mobile apps which offer free slots games without risk. Some free slots websites can be found online. Even more, you can play pretty much any online slot for free in demo mode. This includes the most famous games in the world, such as:
- Gonzo’s Quest (NetEnt)
- Bonanza (Big Time Gaming)
- Age of the gods (Playtech)
- Rich Wilde and the Book of Dead (Play’n GO)
- 9 Masks of Fire (Microgaming)
We won’t keep you waiting and will get right to the point – the real money slots! The first thing to know is that slots are completely random. This is guaranteed by the RNG (random-number-generator). It is a computer program that creates series of random numbers on which the outcomes of spins are based. The RNG cannot be altered or manipulated in any way, so when you play slots you’re putting it all down to your luck!
- Sometimes you’ll win, and sometimes you’ll lose. Some seasoned players often give this advice: if you play slots to win, you’re better off not playing at all. The truth here is that expectations of instant wins are likely to bring disappointment.
- Only play in licensed casinos that have clear rules. Otherwise, you might fall victim to a rigged game or be cheated out of your winnings, which is common practice with unlicensed casinos. Always check the reviews for the casino before playing in it.
- Everyone wants to enjoy slots for as long as they can without breaking the bank right? You can do this by sticking to your spending limits and choosing the size of your bet wisely. Staking around 1% of your deposited funds should keep you in the game for some time.
- Choose the games by their RTP and Volatility. It is recommended that you only choose games with an RTP of 95% and above, as these offer the best chance to win. When it comes to volatility, choose according to your playing style. Risk-takers might enjoy high-volatility games which pay out in bigger wins but less frequently. Low-volatility games pay out more often but in smaller sums. If you’ve only got eyes for the big prize, then progressive jackpot games are an option. In the latter games, you can win prizes worth millions.
The main goal for any beginner in slots is to enjoy the game. Whether you win or not, try not to get too caught up in it, because slots are highly addictive. Only bet what you can afford and try out lots of different games to find your favourites. Remember the possibility to play for free which could help you scope out the best games and always play in licensed, well-reviewed casinos!